The Watervliet Arsenal and Benet Labratories - Explore a Career with us

The Watervliet Arsenal and Benet Laboratories – Explore a Career With Us As the premier manufacturer of the finest artillery in the world, the Arsenal is always in need of talented individuals in a wide-array of career fields including: machining, engineering, inspection, quality, accounting, welding, metal processing, production control and many more.

How to Apply to Watervliet Arsenal - In order to apply, you must do so though

Click here for Current Job Postings

Note: Some applicants may be eligible to submit their resume and application directly to the Watervliet Arsenal Office of Human Resources. All candidates must meet qualification requirements.

Exceptions – Who May Apply Directly to Watervliet Arsenal

Only the following candidates may submit an application directly to Watervliet Arsenal (WVA). These applications are maintained in our Applicant Supply File for 2 years from the date you submit your application. It is suggested you apply online in addition to submitting an application directly to WVA.

1. Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) candidates: Disabled Veterans; Veterans who have been awarded a Campaign Badge, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal (AFEM), or Armed Forces Service Medal (AFEM); or recently separated veterans who have separated from active duty within the last 3 years. The maximum grade level at which appointments may be made is GS-11.

2. In order to be eligible for employment through the Schedule A non-competitive process, documentation of the disability is required. Such documentation is used to verify that the individual being hired is indeed a person with an intellectual disability, severe physical disability, or psychiatric disability.

How to Apply Directly

1. Provide a resume detail resume

2. Provide a copy of the DD-214 “Certification of Release or Discharge from Active Duty” Member 4 Copy.

3. Documentation of eligibility for employment under Schedule A can be obtained from a licensed medical professional (e.g., a physician or other medical professional certified by a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory to practice medicine.)

To request a copy of your DD-214:

National Personnel Records Center

Military Personnel Records

9700 Page Avenue St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Applications can be mailed to:

Watervliet Arsenal


1 Buffington Street

Watervliet, NY 12189